Monday, May 12, 2008

internet limbo

As we are STILL in between internet service providers we have had the good fortune to have our benevolent landlord lend us his flat with internet service while he is away for a few days. The picture is the view from his window. It’s an easy walk from our flat and a relief from the caffeine of the cafĂ©!

The weather has turned here and it has been beautifully warm and sunny. We are enjoying it while we can. Unfortunately I woke up Sunday morning with the most incredibly painful back. There was no comfortable position. It seems unjust that even though I exercise, stretch, and practice yoga and pilates I should have back issues. It really makes me wonder what I must be doing in my sleep!! Thankfully today I am much improved with just some residual soreness - nearly back to my limber self.

So we’ve been spending a lot of time in cafes offering free wi-fi and visiting with friends. We had a delightful dinner last night right in the heart of the city. The food was extraordinary! Rich's friend has his own chef and he is worth his weight in gold – he is charming, fun and can do fabulous things with food. He lives in a lovely flat on the same street as many of the embassies. We ate on the verandah and he tells us that sometimes the German ambassador waves from the building next door.

No comments: