Sunday, May 18, 2008

energized

It is Sunday and it rained all day. So I just had to. I had to take the tram up to St. Vitus Cathedral to see if the gargoyles were spouting. Actually, they were drooling. I'd post a picture, but my camera is the dial-click, off the shelf variety and you won't get much effect from a thumbnail. The joy was that I got to go touristing alone for hours with my camera (and raincoat and umbrella, of course).


I'll post other pictures of the trip, but this one just couldn't wait. The rain let up and there wasn't even drool for me to consider so I sauntered around the castle complex. I headed down a trail into a green valley. And there he was. Raw, powerful movement. A large statue carved from stone. You almost wouldnt notice it until you are right in front of it. Or all over it as in my case. I was just so delighted by it I had to see every angle.

I won't bore you with all the detail photos, but I can hope these two photos convey some of the potent and dramatic movement of such a solid figure. Sculpture, greenery, the damp scents of spring, gothic in all its macabre and massiveness. Bliss.

No comments: