Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rampant ragings


Colorful, yes? Everywhere at street level grafitti marks the buildings, like a flood line. Mostly it is the distinctly boorish black markings of youth without imagination. But this particular doorway stood out to me. Behind the doorway and the brick wall is a glorious creme and gold mansion with walkways and green things growing.

This doorway is in a neighborhood of large beautiful homes, many of which are at the top of the hill. Their backyards are frequently and appropriately full of manicured gardens that take advantage of the hilltop view of Prague.

As I approached the more genteel neighbor-hood nearby I passed through a pocket of mixed buildings. Prague never fails to delight me with very modern buildings reflecting very old buildings in their mirrored windows. Even on an overcast day one can't fail to snap a picture that tickles.

When I took this picture I did have a few gawkers wondering what strange tourist had found her way this far out of the center so early on a Sunday morning.

No comments: