Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prague Parking

It has been misty, drizzly, wet, cold and chilly. But this has not been able to take away my smiles. I discovered a very large, beautiful park named Riegrovy Sady, only a few blocks from the apartment. The picture is the view from one part of the park. It is a little gray, yes, but still quite romantic.


I try to get out for a brisk walk each day and I have many layers of clothes to wear to keep me warm. Inevitably I end up too hot. Not because I walk so fast, but because the hills here rival that of Pennsylvania, with the exception that the pavements are also uneven. It makes for a challenging walk.

But my challenges are frequently rewarded here. My love of hardware *and* reflections are consumated in this picture! This door can be found on our street, Korunni. I have walked past it many times now and never noticed the door handle. How could this be? But I noticed this morning and could not resist a picture, even though I was running late because I lost my rain hat from my pocket and backtracked in vain to find it... and still I was laughing and smiling. How silly I must look taking pictures of windows!!

No comments: