Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Livin' Large

After being here nearly a month I am beginning to miss a few things -like a full pantry. We shop nearly every day, which is fabulous for fresh food, and most stores are within two blocks. But it means we shop every day. And aside from fruit and bread, who knows what we buy? Reading labels is challenging! *especially* meat.
I miss having all of my jackets and sweaters to choose from too. Too bulky to pack much, but it is in the 50's and that's warm compared to recent temps. Brrrr. I have on four layers of clothes as I type...
We do get out to see people and that is lovely. It's not the comfortable conversation of native English speakers, but it is close enough because the people are so friendly. When we leave Prague in September I will most certainly miss the colors! The decorative sidewalks, colorful and ornamented building facades, fresh fruit stands on nearly every block, gothic spires romantacizing even the cloudiest day... and who knows? I might make friends with the woman in the bakery yet. I've learned to order my bread in Czech, now if I can just master my friendly phrases :-D

No comments: