Saturday, August 21, 2010

Iced, Icy and Cubed

There is something beautiful about a sparkling glass and my glass of iced tea at a recent luncheon was no different. I am infatuated with the distortions that are created and the crispness of the colors. What I don't usually like are ice cubes. It's a longstanding preference that has eased a bit since soaking up summer in Florida, but lingers like odors on a heavy, humid days.

It's one thing to come back from a bike ride hot and sweaty and sit down to savor a glass of highly iced water. It's an entirely different story to have a glass of iced anything in most establishments in Florida in the summer. Whilst people are frying their eggs on the pavement, the typical temperature inside is kept to the 60's. Which might feel refreshing for about 10 seconds (or an hour if you ask my husband). But as the luncheon speaker talked on, a chill began to sink into me. Sipping iced tea was no help and I was shivering a bit before the end of the presentation. At least my closed-up car felt deliciously hot when I got in to drive home!

No comments: