Monday, June 1, 2009

Seeking SEPTA

While visiting in Philadelphia last week I had a lot of fun riding public transportation. It was fun to remember my high school days all the way through my last job at Thomas Jefferson University. I've spent a lot of time on SEPTA trains!

In particular I'm still in love with the Market East station which is shown here. From Market East you can get everywhere else. It connects to the Patco High Speedline to New Jersey, to the Frankford Elevated and you can even take a subway spur. But what is best about Market East isn't the connections or even the shopping Gallery it sits under, but the tile walls. Just look at that glorious color! I know I'm biased so if you have a train station you feel is even more glorious, please tell me so that I can visit!



No comments: