Sunday, April 19, 2009

Phil Phest Phun!

I had the great privilege of volunteering at the Philip A. Bryant Melanoma Foundation's Phil Phest 2009 event. Why a privilege? Because more than 200 people took advantage of the free skin screening. Many of them received referrals to follow-up with a physician. That means someone could spot something pre-cancerous or get treatment early. A beautiful thing really. It was many years ago when I realized that I can't focus on the big picture and feel good about every day. Because people have been fussing over the environment and crime and every other nefarious issue since pre-Christ! But if I can touch people one-by-one each day, well, I can feel very good about that. Phil Phest was a lot of fun with a load of music and hot food, but it was helpful too. People learned how to protect and take care of themselves and more melanoma research will be possible. Yup, I definitely feel good about being at least a one-person part of THAT! Thanx Phil :-D

No comments: