Saturday, April 11, 2009

Clearwater Beach - part won

Yes, this *is* my new backyard! How lovely is this? How fabulous is Florida?! We are staying in a house in Clearwater Beach for four days and moving to a condo in Clearwater Beach the same day we get married. Ooops! Cat out of the bag - Rich and I will be wed on April 14, 2009. WOO HOO!!

Yesterday had the heat to match the sunshine and the beach was LOADED. I took my bike into the commercial section because the streets were parking lots. Now we really do enjoy the touristy air of the southern beaches (Redington, St. John's Pass, Treasure Island, etc.) but this place brings a sneer to the word touristy! Children screeching, pouting, laughing, yelling, throwing sand. Teens and twenty-somethings parading, posing, prancing (what is the smallest salad you have?). Oh my. I needed a good night's sleep just to recover from the frenzied fuss of it all! Do you remember vacations at the beach? I don't.

No comments: