Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Merry Monster

The sun was falling in the late afternoon sky and it being a holiday I was walking along the beach aimlessly when I discovered these abandoned toys. Even on my return they remained unclaimed. I believe I know what happened!

I passed all sorts of "beach debris". The kind of stuff that loses the battle of life in the gulf and the tide deposits on the sand. Just look at that crab claw! It almost looks alive...but not.


My shadow self tried to hold back the brutal water, but to no avail. It crashed, pounded and crept up the beach - unstoppable! Imagine what must have befallen the lovely children playing amongst such uncontrolled and frothy stuff...




And that's when I spotted the MONSTER! Just look at those angry jaws! The base of a palm frond that split open and transformed into a monster capable of devouring innocent little sandy children. Oh merry me!

No comments: