Saturday, April 30, 2016

Getting a bit crazy at The Wall


East Side Gallery in Berlin was one of the sights I was not going to miss. So what if the temperatures were ridiculously cold with an Arctic front in April? So what if it was intermittently drizzling? So what if the wind blew the cold into every available crack in my clothing? We were there and I was enraptured!

Walk with me... climb with me... ESCAPE!


There was something about the grit of random, messy graffiti mixed with wild fluctuations in artistic style and the grim reminder of incarceration that captured all of my attention. And given the weather, there weren't too many distracting busloads of tourists to contend with.


Not to be construed as a statement, but the length of the wall with murals was fenced off. Looking at a Google images search, the murals may have become badly defaced in the past. So many motivations for walls.

No comments: