Sunday, May 10, 2009

dragon amongst

This lovely dragon was part of the Flower and Garden Show at Epcot. When I was looking for links to include in this post I discovered that it is a pretty popular dragon each year. And with cause. I wanted to pluck it right out and take it home with me. Until I got up close...

Just look at those nasty sharp triangular teeth and the reds! Oh my the reds! Besides, bad manners to get nasty with your mouth full!

Ahhh, but just look at this beauty. I mean, from this distance she almost looks happy. Inviting, maybe. I don't know how I'd feel about having her in my garden, but I have secretly pined to have a dragon of my own. I've even shopped for one. Wandering around China Town in Philadelphia and poking my nose around shelf after shelf of ceramic and other dragons. But none of them ever spoke to me and truly a dragon must invite itself into one's home. I think a frightfully glorious dragon on top of a mound of treasure has to be a bit thrilling.

No comments: