Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy Birds

My brother and his family were visiting us from Chicago this past weekend. They escaped the -12 degrees and enjoyed sunshine and fall-like temperatures here in Redington Beach, Florida. While out for a walk my brother and I happened across a fisher man. He had a bird following because he kept catching these little sunfish and throwing them back into the water. In other words, doing all the work for the birds! Do you see the white bird in flight? That was a great white egret.
When I got back to my computer and looked at my pictures, I couldn't believe I actually caught a picture of the pelican catching the fish. He's the one at the bottom of the picture and he has a sunfish in his beak. The two brown pelicans are in front and you can see the great blue heron bringing up the rear.


We got a kick out of this fisher man's mobile equipment. It's no stroller to sneeze at and I suppose he figured he spent all that money on a fine carriage, he might as well continue using it long past his child's needs. Either that or his wife is searching the property high and low for a stroller she thinks is too big to have gotten lost.

No comments: